- Go to http://mozilla.dorando.at
- Download http://mozilla.dorando.at/undoclosetab.xpi to your desktop
- Go to Download.com and download WinRAR (install in the usual way)
- Open up undoclosetab.xpi from your desktop with WinRAR and go to the install.rdf file.
- In the file replace the 1.whatever number between "maxVersion" and "/maxVersion" with 1.6 and save.
- Exit WinRAR and right click undoclosetab.xpi on the desktop and select Open with> Firefox. The usual extension-loading dialogue box will pop up, follow the instructions etc etc. Restart Firefox.
- Behold, it works.
- Apparently it can work with other extensions that haven't been updated too, which is why I though it worth bothering to type this all up.
Friday, April 14, 2006
Remember my recommendation for this Firefox Extension? Reopens a tab if, like me, you close one and then immediately go "bugger, I didn't mean to do that". Well Firefox has had an update to v.18.104.22.168 and my beloved undoclosetab no longer worked. Notice the past tense - if you want to get it to work, at least on Windoze, try this: