Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fiddle, fiddle

You know the old dance step thing? "Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow"? Well this is sort of like that - only without the quick bits... Thank goodness for Chris Becksvoort's method of holding the 98/99 side rebate planes which I pinched with a gladsome cry - otherwise I'd still be turning them around in all directions trying to work out a way to hold them.


Decided the upswept handles of the LV router plane were asking to get it knocked off, so I shall find another place to put the router planes. Not sure about Little Victor in there either, but on the other hand the available hole is just right and nothing else will fit there. Would have liked to get Phil's purpleheart shoulder plane in the New Tool side but I simply can't see where. Might well be looking at a separate wooden plane area 'cos I'm not sure about the Mujingfang either... Still, quite pleased so far and the old vs. new almost-but-not-really-a-mirror-image is fun. Now do I add in the Record 3 and 4 or not? Decisions, decisions...

1 comment:

  1. Nice day job Alf! Could you leave us here standing in the rain and not seeing how you managed with the 98/99 pair? A close-up would be very nice, as I suffer from the same problem... and I guess others to :-)

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.