First, the frightfully exciting replacement of a short (and subsequently broken) post on the base of the adjustable bench light. Okay, so it may possibly have been sold as a desk light and wasn't supposed to suffer quite so many slings and arrows, but that's by-the-by... Had to bore out the remains of the plastic uselessness and replaced it with a length of 10mm steel rod that I happened to have lying around. Also used up an end of JB Weld that's been hanging about, getting in the way, so that was two things dealt with.
A bit of beech was fashioned into a rudimentary bench dog with a hole in the top for the steel rod, and behold. One easily moveable bench light again. At some point I may find another Tuit and make another dog to go in a 3/4" hole too.
While finding the steel rod, I finally stumbled on the old rosewood plane knob I knew I had somewhere (there's an awful lot of that going on in the workshop at the moment). Some time ago I replaced the stained beech rear tote of my oldish UK Stanley #7 with a shapely rosewood version I seemed to have spare, but I was without a front knob to go with it. The stained beech was starting to annoy me, but my available rosewood stock wasn't able to stretch to the required thickness to fashion a replacement, so I was pleased to find the perfect replacement. Well perfect except for the large chip out of the base, anyway. Ah, so that's why I didn't fit it in the first place...
I won't say it's a great match, 'cos it ain't, but as a first attempt at such a repair, I'm pleased it's at least functional.
And the result is a rather nicer-looking Frankenplane than it was before. One of these days I may even treat it to a better iron and cap iron, but to be honest, the existing ones are doing such a decent job there's really not much incentive to do so. Incidentally, quite by coincidence, it's another one of the patternmaker's tools.