Wednesday, March 02, 2005

*£$%&! plywood

Jewsons delivered easily the worst, and most expensive, Far Eastern ply I think I've ever had from them. Voids all over the place, patched like a quilt, and splinters out like it's trying to turn me into a pin cushion. Grrrr. Might give Travis Perkins a shot next time. On the plus side I decided to indulge in a few housings, or dados if you must, just so I could play with the router. Ooo, s'good. Looks bulky but doesn't feel like it when in use. The Wealden 1/2" straight did a nice job too, but the "Dakota" clamp guide was rather too tempremental for my taste. A nasty tendency to slip if you're not absolutely on the ball with it, while the old Clamp'n'guide was rock solid. Pretty glad I didn't pay full whack for the Dakotas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.