Thursday, July 25, 2013

Design Direction

I believe I may have previously confessed my hopeless inability to remember the difference between an ovolo and an ogee, and my tendency to get a nasty headache if forced to differentiate betwixt an astragal and an astrolabe. Well, to my chagrin, I'm no better with furniture design styles than I am with mouldings. However, I ran across a stylish way to at least know your Eames from your Mies - flashcards!

Okay, so modern design isn't exactly my most favourite thing in the world, but I like the idea and the execution makes me want to frame the darn things. Just need something more along the lines of knowing your Chippendale from your Hepplewhite; furniture makers flashcards anyone? Or, come that, ones for terms used for mouldings. Honestly, that might be my only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.