Wednesday, January 08, 2014

A Salad of Many Herbs



So, you may recall I was nearing the end of my journal hodgepodge book or "Zibaldone" (That's the Italian term I couldn't remember) and was suffering my usual chronic indecision over a replacement. Well, I put it off as long as possible, but even so I managed to finish the old one on the 2nd. Luckily I'd finally decided what to replace it with and was only waiting for a handy discount to come into operation on the 1st before ordering, thus it arrived on the 4th and it all generally dovetailed together pretty well. Which shows the gods do occasionally smile on us indecisive fools.

In the end I went with a Rhodia A5 Webnotebook with a dot grid. Finally realised that I'd miss the hardback format if I didn't have it, and dots seemed the most crazy-person-friendly type to pick. Viz: I'm dotty and so is it... It's about two-thirds the thickness of my old Asda "Executive" (when the latter isn't stuffed full), which is a Bad Thing in having fewer pages for the given lettuce, but a Good Thing in reducing the hand-falling-off-the-page-at-the-bottom annoyance. Oh, and the marker ribbon length is pathetic. Can you see that whisp of black at the spine? That's it. Useless.



Not wild about the ivory-coloured paper, to be honest, but it's taking everything I've thrown at it thus far, including a flex nib that was gushing ink like... well, like 99% of the rivers in the UK at the moment. i.e. Lots of flow. No hideous bleeding, no feathering. We'll see if I can grow to love the paper colour over time. Either that or that Leuchtturm will get themselves sorted and stop making the quality of their paper such a lottery.


Right, that's it. I'm going while I can still resolutely ignore the fact that I may be developing a thing for orange pens. No, really, I think it may be becoming a problem. A combination plane kinda problem. Eeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.