- Circle One (Those in limbo) - Well I don't know; do I need a hand plane?
- Circle Two (The Lustful) - Oooo, have you seen that infill on *bay...?
- Circle Three (The Gluttonous) - Seven different smoothing planes is simply not enough.
- Circle Four (The Hoarders) - Okay, so I don't need 5 jointer planes now, but you never know what may happen tomorrow...
- Circle Five (The Wrathful) - I just bought a low angle smoother, and now they're bringing out another one?!
- Circle Six (The Heretics) - You only really need one good bench plane.
- Circle Seven (The violent) - If you don't give me that plane right now, I'll punch you on the nose!
- Circle Eight (The Fraudulent) - This is the last plane I shall ever need, dear.
- Circle Nine (Traitors) - Norm was good last night, wasn't he...?
Friday, April 08, 2005
The Nine Circles of Hell - Neanderthal Style
Having cause to refresh my memory of Signor Alighieri's expedition to Hell, it struck me a hand tool user's likely reasons for being in any particular circle might be a little different: