Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The bells, the bells!

I was all set to post yesterday, honest I was. But the t'net connection was in "blinkin'" mode. i.e. The blinkin' thing weren't workin'. Not that I actually managed to get much done - a little progress on another jig to aid arm boring (see PWW #147) - but I did so want to keep up my aaargh-hair-cuts-are-the-pits run of posts... Yes, that time again, and a little sooner than usual too, being on a Monday instead of a Wednesday. She's come up with some new torture instead of the thinning scissors, claiming it's what her hairdresser does. So what is this, a revenge cutting?! Sheesh...

Anyway, no news on the mare's nest, er, auger bit extension. On the other hand I do have a back stop if absolutely necessary. A trial run with the only flat/spade bit I own showed it wasn't ideal but at a pinch could do the job. And of course extensions for flat bits are readily available. So that's sort of a weight off my mind. Kind of. In a way.

Well actually no, not really at all. It means using a power drill and power means making a mess of things that much quicker...

Meanwhile I'm lapsing into Quosimodo mode occasionally and muttering "The thumbs. The thumbs, Esmerelda" to the amusement of passers-by. Oh well, if you can't provide a little humour for your fellow man what else are you here for?

1 comment:

  1. I seem to remember "Norm" doing a copy of a Bill Wallick chair using a triple flat bit extension to drill the back spindle holes. Is the new PC behaving?

    D

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.