For the more project-inclined reader, the shave pony seems to have got the upper hand and the parts are largely cut and just waiting the technical bit (glues and screws) before being a fully working 'ickle pony - I hope. Meanwhile I'm being lured into a side track from my side track into doing something about a wooden jointer I bought, er, "some time ago". I shall try to resist but if a plane features on this Blog either tomorrow or Monday, please don't be surprised...
Finally, as various fora threads tread well-worn paths, I was thinking that 'net woodworkers really need to go round with an easily read profile ticking or crossing the more frequently encountered boxes and/or just general things you really need to know. Viz:
- Tails or Pins?
- Dado blades, yea or nay?
- Match planing, camber, sense of plumb or jointer fence for jointing?
- Leigh or 'Rat?
- Cheapest, oldest or best of the modern tools?
- More tools Good or Bad?
- Ruler Trick?
- Tormek, waterstones, diamonds, oil stones or scary sharp?
- Knocked off corners or camber on smoother blade?
- Norm, good or bad?
- Pocket hole screws, spawn of the devil or not?
- MDF - likewise?
- Krenov - genius or loony?
- Tanged or socketed chisels?