Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The March of Time

How can it be March already?! This is a nightmare. I'm in a chair-making nightmare and I'm gonna wake up and find I'm making a music stand, right? Oh 'eck. But March it is, and ebony mortise gauges have given way to some very homemade planes on the Lee Valley calendar to prove it. The only reason to look forward to May at the moment is the Rogers Miter Planer as the picture for that month...

But I have made miniscule progress. Viz: a little ROS work on the seat. Although I think it needs a little more shaping to be honest, but I've slapped on a spit coat of shellac to protect from the worst slings and arrows while I turn my attention to the legs. Not that I have yet, turned my attention that is, but I have rediscovered the bench top, sharpened and put away the tools and so forth, so I can start anew with it all ready to go. Still
only a matter of half an hour's work or so at a time though, which is flaming frustrating...

But hey, the Blackcap's back. Managed to get the camera out in time on this occasion, although it's asking a bit much of it to take a decent pic through a rather grubby window pane. And its zoom struggled with the mere 6ft of distance twixt me and the target, but never mind, there 'tis. Frankly I think that bird looks a little blotto in that picture on the right...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.