Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's Big, Black, Shiny...

...and you really wouldn't want it dropping on your toe?

I swear the thing looks bigger and yet the old adage is that darker colours make you look smaller. But are you going to tell this monster its bum looks big in this? No, me neither...

Things move on apace, and courtesy of Axminster's next day delivery and the Fed-Ex man, I'm almost ready for the next stage. Can you tell what it is yet?

No? Go on, guess.

As a result of said order, I also have another one of those "You can tell you're a woodworker when..." things. Viz: You can tell you're a woodworker (again) when you go from no Axminster orders in three years to two in two weeks... I'd forgotten how active workshop time always causes my bank account to start speaking politely in French.

Yes, it keeps saying "Mercy". Ba-boom, tish.

All right, I'm going.

3 comments:

  1. that looks suspiciously like shaved paraffin from a block... so I'm guessing you're moving on to assembly soon.

    good to see you back - it's been fun following your progress on that monsterous chunk of iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like parafin wax shavings to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't say it was a difficult guess... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.