Thursday, December 13, 2007

You can never have too many bikes

Clamps are not exciting purchases in my opinion. A necessary evil and as we all know an on-going one 'cos a woodworker can famously "never have enough clamps". But Matthew at Workshop Heaven has done his best and actually made me go and look at the latest special offer. Yep, a free gift of one whole, grown-up, gent's mountain bike when purchasing four clamps. You can literally "clamp 'n' go" (ho ho). Alas, even viewing it as a £175 bike with four free clamps I don't think I can quite squeeze it into the budget, but hey, I did look.

Perhaps it'll start a trend? Four of Screwfix's cheapest clamping devices: one free inner sole to cushion your feet (or one foot anyway). Or free sports car with every four Holtey planes... :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't get excited abt the bike if I were you. It'll be what is called a "Bike Shaped Object" or BSO for short. Roughly similar to some (but not all!) cheapy tools - hardly worth bothering with:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2226485,00.html

    cheers
    Jacob
    have discovered RSS so am tracking Alf's and others every move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, you are right about cheapo bikes, Jacob - they are really awful. Why do manufacturers put so much effort into making stuff badly - it wouldn't take much more to make them well....

    Cheers;)

    Paul Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the early 1950s, I spent all my pocket money fettling an old Raleigh, desperately trying to make it look cool. A new bike was completely unattainable. This offer makes me a bit queasy, to be honest.

    Regards.

    Evergreen

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.