Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Terrible Twos

Yep, it's 2 years, 731 days, 17,536 hours (give or take), over 21,374 visits and 309 posts on and amazingly this Blog is still going. When I started this woodworking blogs were thin on the ground, nowadays everyone's doing it with added audio and visual in some cases - some even restrict themselves to woodworking content... Fear not, I have zero intention of inflicting podcast or vlog upon the long-suffering reader; as you may have noticed I'm hard-pressed enough to get any woodworking on here at all. Anyway, many thanks to the readership without whom I'd be talking to myself, not that that'd stop me...

And to celebrate I have Good News. After many years of begging and pleading any and everybody for same, a noble Australian has at last come to my rescue and provided a scan of a 1966 (guessing from the code at the bottom) Record 043/044 manual. Huzzah! It's a little the worst for wear, so I'm doing some painstaking work in cleaning it up and trying to make it legible, even to the point of retyping text and replacing essential lines on the diagrams. Not by any means done yet, but I've put up the progress so far (412KB) for anyone else like me who's been long waiting to see this elusive manuscript.

All right, don't all rush at once...

Next task, a page on the Record 044 along the same lines as the 040/043 page. Hey, another couple of centuries at this pace and we'll have a Record Blood & Gore...

Edit: Finished the manual - at least I hope so, unless folks say they can't read it... Down to a miserly 348KB what's more.

6 comments:

  1. Many thanks, Alf, for the work you do in reproducing instruction manuals. They are so hard to get hold of and your efforts are very much appreciated.

    Paul Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many happy returns, ALF! You're habit-forming, you know.

    Wiley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is part of my routine, Alf, for which I am eternally thankful.

    A Record B&G is long overdue. And the manuals are the added plus.

    Take care, Mike
    waiting out the centuries...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Al! Indeed, your insightful outpourings make the 'Net a better place.
    And I've learned things about rope I would never have guessed......;)
    Best regards
    Philly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work.

    How is the tambour coming along?

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting the 043/044 plough plane manual. It's my theory that you are almost single handily responsible for the current popularity of these planes (maybe a little help from Bugbear). I am glad I got mine before you started touting them :)

    Wendell

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.