Thursday, March 08, 2007

Little Victor's Hat

Given the sudden increase in traffic brought about by Little Victor's hat, I thought an up-date might be in order. Actually been using it in real workshop tasks and managed to make respectable full width shavings (all sixteen sixteenths of it) without discomfort. I count that as a success. Although I'm not at all sure how long the purpleheart will stand up to the task, but how could I use wood of any other colour...?

Should anyone fancy having a go at making one themselves, I strongly advise drilling and paring the mortise in a larger piece and cutting it down to the desired size when that's complete. Some folks reading this will be saying "well duh" I don't doubt, but it's these little things that, as a novice, I personally could really have done with having spelt out. So fwiw.

In other news, erm, not a lot. Domestic duties have intervened so while I could give you a blow-by-blow account of a visit to a supermarket, the only time I saw the inside of the w'shop was when I went to collect the bucket of rubbish (bin day tomorrow). But hey, good news; it's about time to visit it again to re-fill the cat litter trays.

Aargh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.