Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Punishment Drill

Common sense dictates I don't leave half finished parts of a project skulling about the workshop, but rather that if I have workshop time I should seize it for cutting the other half of my dovetails. Common sense is mis-named - round here it can be a rare sighting indeed...



Rather a lot left to do, but a modicum of progress visible. Rust removal isn't going to take the time - it's the removal of decades-worth of grease and oil that's proving hard work. Even now all the small pices are soaking in an effort to shift it with a little more ease.

1 comment:

  1. Alf,

    It looks fine already. How do you remove the decenny's grease? I know it can be that chewy... I love those old tools just having that look as they were being used and cared of. It brings me to the times of our ancestors. Thanks for that.

    Marc W

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.