Thursday, June 23, 2005

Wot, no racing stripes?

I daresay it comes as no surprise to my regular reader* that the recent woodworking progress was too good to last and has, in fact, stopped. Temperatures of 108F in the workshop are not for me, ta muchly. Supposed to be a little more cloud about tomorrow, and cooler, so I have hopes I might make further progress - assuming something doesn't happen to preclude it. If you'd just cross everything on my behalf, I'd be obliged...

Meanwhile, amuse yourself with wondering what was going through the mind of the owner of these planes:



Be sure to appreciate the special effort used to pick out the nicker blade on the #78... Okay, so I've made some crazy handles for a spokeshave, but this is, well, I'm speechless. Heck of a lot of work to evil purpose! And too bad he didn't do something about that front knob while he was about it. Hmm, that reminds me; I've still got that router waiting the yellow paint job... and if you think I'm kidding, think again. It's a patternmaker's copy, and I really fancy "DeWalt-ing" it for the benefit of passing Normites. Heck, it's only been on the to-do list for a couple of years; should become a reality any decade now...

*Popular radio host, "Sir" Terry Wogan is often heard to joke about his "listener" (singular). I have a feeling I'm dealing more in fact than humour here. ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.