Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Shooting from the hip

I think I've at last hit on the key to understanding shooting boards. The practicalities of making and using them is easy peasy, it's the theory that gets everyone's knickers in a twist. One you see one and use one you stop worrying about silly things like why doesn't the board get planed away in use and all that mularky. However trying to explain that all important why so someone will take the fatal step and go out and make one themselves is beyond me. I know how it works, I can make them, I can even show someone else how to make one if pushed, but explaning theory is giving me a headache. I feel a bad attack of poor utilisation of MSPaint coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.