Friday, September 23, 2005

Speed and Acid

Bet that title made you look...

Well I finally got round to taking a picture of the various bits I've tried the citric acid on. That is to say, some of them are as a result of that, and others aren't. To my eye it's a little obvious, but still, not too bad really, and at least I can use them now. I really need to have another shot, but being a little more scientific in how much powder I used to the amount of water and so forth. In this case I just put about an inch and a half of water in the bottom of a 4 litre ice cream box, mixed in about "that much" citric acid and one drop each of meths and washing up liquid. The latter two do something or other, but I can't recall what exactly. Heigh ho.

Of course this was my first opportunity to upload piccies using Broadband! Whoohoo! Yep, it all worked. We got the word the line was up and running last Thursday (a day earlier than estimated), but were left waiting for the evil Parcel Farce to deliver the router. D'oh. Anyway it turned up this Wednesday and I had it all set up by the end of the afternoon. T'riffic. Now I just need to remember the load of broadband-y things to look at that I never could before...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alf, congrats on joining the civilised world now that you have broadband!

    I like the results of the citric acid, and something that I would like to try and some of the more 'vintage' tools i've acquired recently.

    How did you actually do the removal?

    ByronBlack

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.